Below is the agenda for our 2019 AGM
Lambeth UNISON AGM AGENDA – 2019
- Chair’s Introduction
- Annual Report
- Branch Budget & accounts (Followed by a minutes silence)
- Any guest speakers invited
- Announcement of Officers elected unopposed (separate sheet) –
- announcement of stewards elections & deadline for noms and elections end Feb
- Elections for conference delegates – IF ANY – 3 MINS EACH
Election for National Delegate Conference Delegates (Vote for up to two candidates
Election for Local Government Conference Delegates (Vote for up to three candidates)
- Climate change – Schools strike
- Fighting the Far Right
- Attendance at UNISON conferences
- Free Our Unions – Repeal the Anti Union Laws
- Tories Out- GW Now
- Proposing speeches 3 minutes
- Speeches from the floor 2 minutes
- Straight vote on each
- AOB –
Conference delegate note:
National Local Government Conference (3)
National Delegate Conference.(2)
All members will have received ballot papers on sign in.
There are contested elections for the branch delegates to
- Local Government Conference the branch is entitled to three delegates.
We are permitted to share one of the three places between no more than two people.
- For National Delegate Conference the branch is entitled to two delegates. We are permitted to share one of the two places between no more than two people.
Because two thirds of our members are female, our delegation should be at least two thirds female. This is in accordance with UNISON Rules on proportionality. We are also required to ensure that the branch is represented by a delegation which includes black members in proportion to our membership. This is in accordance with UNISON Rules on fair representation.
The votes cast at the Annual General Meeting will be counted and the results announced. The Branch Committee will then apply the rules of proportionality and fair representation and announce the delegations. All results will be published on the branch website.